Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Meet our Salesmen: Bill Wells

Bill Wells started with us on April 1st, 2012 and has been with us the second longest! The first things you notice about Bill are his mustache and his many “Billisms.” Some of them include “I've been wrong at least twice in my life and if you don't believe me, you can ask both my ex-wives”, “Love you, mean it, see you, bye”, and “You're not getting a free trip to Taih-eee-tiiii”. Bill joined the Navy when he was 17 and retired in 1994. A real character, he can make just about anyone laugh.

You can reach Bill at 850-479-2272!


Why are you a car salesman?
Really? Well... I like people, honestly.

Any favorite car you've ever sold?
I'm not really much of a car guy, but the 2005 Tunderchicken (Thunderbird). Not because of the car exactly, but the customer was a lot of fun. Flew in from Oklahoma to get it.

What's your favorite thing about working at Eddie Mercer Automotive?
That we're family oriented (I added that everyone has said that just about and he looks over his shoulder hoping Anthony, our manager, is listening) How about, Anthony pays me better than the rest of them and gives me free food.


And your least favorite part of being a salesman?
The disappointment of telling someone “no”. Not my disappointment, but seeing their disappointment that they can't get the car they want.

Any pastimes?
Oh geeze. I don't know. Drinking? laughs Hanging out with the grandbabies and fishing with the boys. Huntin too.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
A Soldier. Why? I was brought up on all those war movies and thought it was cool. I picked Navy because the Army recruiter wasn't there when I went in and the Navy recruiter was. So he won.

Why should people come see you?
If people want a different experience than working with a “car salesman”. If they want to talk to a car counselor and get advice, that would be me. I'm not going to try to jam them into a car, especially one they don't want. I wouldn't put anyone in a car I wouldn't sell to my family.

You're always on the defensive about it; Any reason you're an Auburn fan?
I come from a house divided. Half of the family is Alabama and the other half, Florida. I figured rooting for Auburn would be the best way to get everyone mad. But first and foremost, I'm an SEC fan.


No comments:

Post a Comment