Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Meet Our Salesmen: Sandy McMurphy

Sandy McMurphy is the newest salesman to Eddie Mercer Automotive. He started back in December of 2013. Originally from Mobile, he moved to Pensacola to be closer to the beach. He knew being a car salesman was for him because he loves meeting new people and their families. (He wanted me to add that he is good looking.)

If you'd like to talk to Sandy, please give him a call at 850-479-2272. And make sure to ask for Sandy. That's S-A-N-D-Y, Sandy, just like the beach!



Why are you a car salesman?
I absolutely love meeting people. I make friends everyday and it's really just great to meet everyone and their families.

What was your favorite car that you've sold?
It's always the most recent car. The last one was a 2006 Toyota 4Runner to Betsy. She was just lovely to work with and I really got to know her.

What's your favorite part of working at Eddie Mercer Automotive?
Definitely the family atmosphere.
Michael was a return customer. He picked out a Soul this time!
Have you ever had a disaster on the job?
(He holds up his left hand and is missing an index finger) My whole hand was caught in a table saw, but they couldn't save this one finger. I was being stupid.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
Emperor. I wanted to be in charge.

What was your favorite car that you've owned?
A 1976 Caprice Classic with Rally suspension. Cornering in it was awesome and it was the largest Chevy ever (He now owns a Grand Marquis, so I'm guessing he likes big cars!).

Why should people contact you?
I think I keep people's general interest in mind. I enjoy finding the right car for my customers. What I'm trying to do is change buying a car into an enjoyable event. I really just want to assist someone through the entire process.

So.. what ever happened to your show goats? Do you miss them?*
They weren't taken. They live in my apartment. I'd miss them badly though if they did go.

Sandy was heartbroken over the thought of giving his goats away
Where would you like to go from here?
I guess my goal would be to continue to enjoy my job and make friends while being successful. I'd hate for it to become a drudgery. You know, it used to be. I used to hate going into work years ago. And then I thought about why I  loved my job. It's because even if I didn't sell a car, I made a friend. I love to share in peoples' lives and be a part of it in the end. That's really what's important to me: making connections and friendships.


*Paul, another one of our salesmen featured a few months ago, thought it would be funny to put Sandy's cell phone number in the Craigslist Free section under a post titled "FREE Show Goats" and a description of how he had to part with his beloved show goats. Almost immediately, Sandy received phone calls for them and had to explain to all of the callers that he didn't have goats.

No comments:

Post a Comment